CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – 03/07/2020
Here at The Silver Mountain Experience, we want you to have an exciting day out, for all the family and enjoy some quality time together. We also want to ensure that you, your family, and our team are taking the necessary precautions to protect each other from COVID-19. Below are the steps we are taking to ensure you have a safe visit to The Silver Mountain Experience.
We are running 2 tours, A Dragon’s Tale and A Miners’ Life. Black Chasm will not be running at the moment. Tours will only be available for pre-booking online. To help us manage capacity we strongly advise to pre-book online as we cannot guarantee being able to offer availability for walk in guests.
- We are limiting each group to a maximum of 8 people. Only one booking per timeslot will be permitted, and this will be your ‘family or group extended bubble’.
- Helmets for our tours will be disinfected after each use.
- Our tour guides will be wearing face coverings and will keep a 2 metre distance from the tour group to ensure social distancing. This may be reduced once further information is received from the Welsh Government.
You can make a booking for the tours HERE.
Until further updates are provided from the Welsh Government, we are not able to operate the following attractions:
- Time Lab.
- Our mining museum & ore crusher collection
- The Den.
Thank you for your understanding.
We will have the following safety procedures in place around The Silver Mountain Experience.
- We are limiting the number of visitors on-site.
- We have increased cleaning and sanitisation of high traffic areas around the site.
- We are asking customers to pay via contactless only
- Staff will be wearing face-coverings, and although not mandatory, we recommend that you and your family do the same to help limit the risk.
- We ask you to adhere to the social distancing requirements whilst on site. There will be posters and signage detailing this.
- There are hand sanitiser and hand-washing areas throughout the site. Please use these frequently.
Our Café will be open serving a delicious range of hot and cold snacks, drinks and treats. Our indoor seating area will remain closed until we are able to open it in-line with Government advice. We have an outdoor seating area on-site, where it is very easy to socially distance as well as picnic areas with fantastic views!
The team at The Silver Mountain Experience ask that you follow the directives, as they are for the safety of you, your family and our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
LET'S GET SOCIAL
The Silver Mountain Experience is a fantastic family day out in mid-wales, filled with history, myth, legend and more. We are very proud of our Welsh Mining Heritage, and our site based in Ponterwyd, Aberystwyth, lies the beautifully preserved Llywernog silver-lead ore mine. Spend an afternoon exploring this historic site, experience one of our guided tours and more. Children can enjoy our Dragon's Tale adventure, whilst those who are feeling brave can venture into the mines and take the dreaded Black Chasm tour. As well as all of this, we have a variety of other interactive attractions such as Time Lab and our creative den, so why not join us for an afternoon of fun, deep in the Welsh mountains!