CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – 28/09/2020
FAQS & VISIT INFORMATION
Here at The Silver Mountain Experience, we want you to have an exciting day out, for all the family and enjoy some quality time together. We also want to ensure that you, your family, and our team are taking the necessary precautions to protect each other from COVID-19. Below are the steps we are taking to ensure you have a safe visit to The Silver Mountain Experience.
RECENT UPDATES INLINE WITH GOVERNMENT CHANGES
- You can visit us as long it’s with people in your household, or people in your extended household (maximum of 6 people aged 11+).
- Any groups from different households or extended groups will need to maintain the required social distance from each other. Our guided tours are limited to 8-10 people to ensure that 2 or 3 social bubbles can maintain a two metre distance at all times.
- This also applies to our shop and café, with measures in place to allow a two metre social distance.
- Since re-opening in July we have welcomed thousands of visitors back through the doors in a safe and socially distanced way, and look forward to welcoming many more.
- Further guidance is available here: https://gov.wales/guidance-extended-households-coronavirus
We are running all 3 of our guided tours, A Dragon’s Tale, Black Chasm and A Miners’ Life. To help us manage capacity we strongly advise to pre-book online as we cannot guarantee being able to offer availability for walk in guests.
- Groups will be limited to a maximum number of 8 people per booking. You may be in another group with someone that is not in your household, however we will ensure social distancing of 2 metres is followed. Our tours take place above ground and below ground. During the below ground sections, you will be separated into individual groups where social distancing is not possible.
- Our tour guides will be wearing face coverings and will keep a 2 metre distance from the tour group to ensure social distancing.
- Children aged 5 and over will be required to wear a facemask on our guided tours.
- This may be reduced once further information is received from the Welsh Government.
- Our team will be disinfecting helmets after each tour.
You can make a booking for the tours HERE.
Until further updates are provided from the Welsh Government, we are not able to operate the following attractions for the safety of our staff and visitors:
- Time Lab.
- The Den.
We will have the following safety procedures in place around The Silver Mountain Experience.
- We are limiting the number of visitors on-site.
- We have increased cleaning and sanitisation of high traffic areas around the site.
- We are asking customers to pay via contactless only
- Staff will be wearing face-coverings, and although not mandatory, we recommend that you and your family do the same to help limit the risk.
- We ask you to adhere to the social distancing requirements whilst on site. There will be posters and signage detailing this.
- There are hand sanitiser and hand-washing areas throughout the site. Please use these frequently.
- We ask that you do not attend if you or anyone in your social bubble or household are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19. If this is the case you may re-schedule your booking.
- Please note that in Wales 2 metres social distancing is required.
Our Café will be open serving a delicious range of hot and cold snacks, drinks and treats. We are also participating in the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ Government scheme. Monday – Wednesday throughout August, you can get 50% off food and drink in our cafe up to the value of £10.00 per person, children included! No need for a discount code or voucher, this is automatically applied.
If bookings need to be cancelled for Covid-19 reasons by either us or visitors, a credit note will be provided to use at a later date.
The team at The Silver Mountain Experience ask that you follow the directives, as they are for the safety of you, your family and our team. We have extra staff on-hand to ensure there are high levels of cleanliness accross the site, and we’re all trying our very best to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
LET'S GET SOCIAL
The Silver Mountain Experience is a fantastic family day out in mid-wales, filled with history, myth, legend and more. We are very proud of our Welsh Mining Heritage, and our site based in Ponterwyd, Aberystwyth, lies the beautifully preserved Llywernog silver-lead ore mine. Spend an afternoon exploring this historic site, experience one of our guided tours and more. Children can enjoy our Dragon's Tale adventure, whilst those who are feeling brave can venture into the mines and take the dreaded Black Chasm tour. As well as all of this, we have a variety of other interactive attractions such as Time Lab and our creative den, so why not join us for an afternoon of fun, deep in the Welsh mountains!